Christmas party decorations never looked so good! The divine range of luxury Christmas Crackers at Pink Frosting’s Christmas Shop make those little fizzly crackers we used to have at our tables at Christmastime a thing of the past. In styles to suit most Christmas themes, such as neutral eco-friendly crackers, traditional golds and red and more contemporary silver, these crackers include first class gifts inside including travel corkscrews, colouring pencils, stainless steel cookie cutters and so much more.
Pink Frosting’s crackers are works of art – handcrafted in Australia for the most discerning entertainer, these crackers will wow your guests with their beautiful presentation and first class gifts inside. Don’t be put off by the price. The crackers are huge, will be almost all you need to decorate your tables and will wow your guests with the upmarket gifts inside. For a tray of 12 crackers the price is $42.
I can’t think of a lovelier way to decorate your Christmas table this year. Decide on a gorgeous table centrepiece and place one of these luxury crackers on each place setting for a truly “done” Christmas table.
Halloween gives us really fun theme for decorating cupcakes and making little scary treats for our guests. We are sent so many glamorous cupcakes to look at for Australia Entertains and the Pink Frosting inspiration galleries, and I wanted to share with you some of my favourite Halloween themed cupcakes to inspire your cupcake decorating for this weekend.
Halloween Animals cupcakes by Cupcakes and Corsets:
Brains cupcakes (not for the faint hearted, or the vegetarians in the audience!). Loving the clever use of whipped cream by Cake Eater Bakery:
Loving the colour and simplicity of these fun Halloween sugar decorations on coloured frosting by Cake by Sugar in London, UK:
These monster cupcakes by Bakingdom are really easy to make at home and are perfect for a spooky party for young kids as well as Halloween:
And these sweet pumpkin themed cupcakes by Bella Bella Cupcakes are a gorgeous Autumn cupcake as well as a Halloween cupcake for those who prefer to not be spooky:
And finally, my you can always find excellent inspiration for your Halloween cupcakes at Wilton’s brilliant website, filled with great ideas and also how-tos for the home cupcake (cake and cookie) baker and decorator. Here are three of my favourites from this year’s range:
I hope these gorgeous cupcakes provide some great inspiration for your Halloween celebrations this weekend!
Australia Entertains’ win a $250 Pink Frosting gift voucher competition was hotly contested! It was extremely difficult to pick a winner. Everyone has wonderful reasons to celebrate, so we’ll be sending something a little special to all of the entrants in our competition. But, now for the winner…
Christmas this year will be a big event for my family. This will be the first time that all us kids,5 of us,our partners and the grandkids, all 14 of them will be in the one place at the one time. The voucher will just help turn this Christmas to remember into an extra special event.
Congratulations to Felice Newberry for this lovely entry. We love the idea of so many generations getting together for the very first time for a family Christmas. What a very special reason to celebrate and Pink Frosting is honoured to make your day that little bit extra special!
Happy Celebrating everyone!
Just about every bride we know wants their wedding favours to multi-task as a table decoration for their receptions – not only do your guests appreciate the sentiment, your favour is complementary to your wedding decorations and table settings, meaning you save $s! Judy McManus of PWG Portland and Mosca Photo’s provides the perfect example of how nicely a Kate Aspen favour (for Aussie brides, Pink Frosting is Kate Aspen’s preferred retailer) multi-task – as a memorable way to show your gratitude, and as table decor!
This fall wedding tablescape is so inviting, isn’t it? Judy infuses the autumn colors throughout the table scheme by using the Kate Aspen Imperial Tea Light Holder . Like to mix and match it up a bit? Add the “Perfect Pair” soaps or the “Lucky Elephant” bookmark (with that awesomely clever tassel-tail!) So many possibilities!
We like this take on “vintage,” too! A little retro, a little frilly, and a little sassy (and you know we like sassy!)
If you look closely, you’ll see the “For the Love Birds” Elegant Icon Favour Boxes. “Sweetwater Park” Birdbath Place Card Holders would fit right in here, don’t you think? Or – look closely now …
Why there’s the best-selling “White Baroque” Place Card Holder and Frame with a picture of the happy couple!
Just about everyone has Vampire fever! And we’re never more motivated by gore than at Halloween. I found this amazing dinner party idea by Courtney from Pizzazzerie via Hostess Blog. This is a brilliant adult Halloween weekend dinner party theme for us Aussies who don’t get so into pumpkin carving. Love it!
Read on for more hauntingly beautiful images and all the creative details, as explained by Courtney…
“When the publisher of Nashville Lifestyles magazine showed me “Love at First Bite: The Complete Vampire Lover’s Cookbook“ in her office one day, we both knew it would make a fabulous feature for their October issue.
I got started right away pulling together all things black, red, and antique silver. We wanted to avoid anything too “Halloweeny” and tried to focus on chic and dark. The house we shot in had black ceilings, which really added to the dark and spooky atmosphere.
I used black velvet fabric as the table cover, topped with antique candelabras and tall red candle sticks. Candles were a main element of the table to add a spooky glow. To make the red dripped candles, I dripped a red candle on top of a white candle – and done! Placing mirrors down the center of the table created a ghastly reflection and a steady base for our candle sticks.
Using the Vampire Lovers’ Cookbook as my inspiration, I designed menus for each table setting including “Steak Through the Heart” and “Devil Hair Pasta“.
Our local Whole Foods has an amazing pastry chef who created some simple chocolate ganache mini cupcakes topped with red “blood drops“.
Then I used Martha Stewart’s Vampire Wine Labels to adorn bottles of red wine.
I’m totally inspired!
This gorgeous little cupcake by Bettie’s Cakes just looked so much like it was made for Pink Frosting, I just had to share. I couldn’t eat it – it’s too beautiful!
Sydney brides really love their wedding bomboniere favours to be a reflection of their personality and to complement the theme, style and colour scheme of their day. In our experience, they are fun-loving and host extraordinary celebrations, and pay close attention to detail, which is why they adore shopping for wedding bomboniere favours! So what’s a Sydney bride to do when faced with the task of creating a memorable wedding favour for her guests? The team at Australia’s number one online wedding store, Pink Frosting, lets you in on a little secret: here are the favourites of Sydney brides when it comes to wedding bomboniere!
Bomboniere Favours for a Sydney Wedding at the Beach
If you’re hosting your Sydney wedding at the northern beaches, Bondi or another seaside Sydney location, the trends in wedding bomboniere are to use beach and nautical themed wedding bomboniere favours as part of your table decorations. Some of the favourites include:
- Adirondack Deck Chair Tealight Candles and Place Card Holder Wedding Favours – Evoke a seaside feeling with these relaxing miniature adirondack chair tealight holders which also serve as place card or photo holders and provide a decorative touch as well as romantic lighting to your northern beaches wedding reception.
- Castles in the Sand Tealight Candle – For a relaxed beachside wedding at Bondi or another iconic beach, these sand castle themed tealight candles serve the dual purpose of being a softly romantic candle on your wedding reception tables and also a sweet take-home favour for your guests.
- Timber Hand Fan Favours – A beautiful sandalwood fan is the perfect accessory for Sydney beachside outdoor or summer weddings. These hand fans are beautifully carved with an intricate design and ideal for cooling off under the sun or away from the dance floor.
- Love is in the Air Frisbee – For a daytime beach ceremony, our Sydney brides adore these fun Love frisbees for a playful bit of fun on the sand for their guests.
- White Fabric Parasol – Sydney brides know that the heat in Summer on the beach can be oppressive for their guests. For both practical purposes and because they look so beautiful in photographs, we have alot of Sydney beach brides who give their guests a parasol to use at their ceremony and to take home as their favour.
Bomboniere Favours for a Sydney Wedding in the City
If you’re hosting your Sydney wedding in the heart of the city at an iconic location such as Est or the new Hilton, you’ll want to have some sophisticated and simple wedding favours to complement your wedding day style. Here are some of the favourites that our Sydney city brides are choosing right now:
- Antique Acrylic Place Card Frame – City brides know that a little bling goes a long way and these very popular diamond like place card frames double as both a place card on your table settings for your wedding reception as well as beautiful miniature photo frames for your guests to take home.
- Crystal Diamond Shaped Tea Light Holders – Sometimes complemented with the antique frames above, these crystal diamond shaped candle holders can cast a twinkling glow on your city wedding table settings as well as make a beautiful wedding bomboniere for your guests.
- Diamond Ring Bottle Stoppers – Many city wedding guests see the same wedding favours over and over, so many city brides choose a unique wedding bomboniere for their guests. These new and very chic diamond ring bottle stoppers have proved to be extremely popular with Sydney city brides.
- Black Personalised Ribbon – Black and white with silver accent are the colours of the moment for Sydney’s city brides, and personalising black ribbon to tie as an accent on wedding invitations, menus, ceremony booklets and wedding bomboniere is the perfect chic complement for a black, white and silver wedding theme.
Bomboniere Favours for a Sydney Wedding in the Garden
There are so many stunning garden locations for a wedding in Sydney – whether its close to the ocean or nearer the city, the options are endless for a beautiful outdoor location for your Sydney wedding. To complement a garden wedding, our Sydney brides are choosing Spring themed wedding bomboniere favours and we cheer. These are some of your favourites:
- Butterflies Laser Cut Favour Boxes in Sage or Pink – These pretty favour boxes have been a huge hit for garden weddings. Fill with sweet treats such as home made cookies, truffles, jelly beans or traditional bomboniere almonds.
- Rose Ball Candles in Red, Pink or White – Like miniature pomanders, these rose ball candles are a hit with both brides and their guests at a Sydney garden wedding. Brides love how they look on their garden themed reception tables and guests love how they smell in their homes when they take them home after the wedding day.
- Whimsical Fields Spring Leaf Glass Coasters – Garden wedding guests feel instantly that these wedding favour coasters are much more expensive than they really are. Sydney brides hosting a garden themed wedding know these favours are not only great value but a beautiful addition to their wedding tables.
- Printed Muslin Favour Bags – These soft printed cotton favour bags can be personalised with the bride and groom’s details, choice of colour and design, so we think that’s why our garden wedding brides simply adore them. We hear that most brides like to pop in a home made cookie as a favour. Yum.
Bomboniere Favours for a DIY Sydney Wedding
Do it yourself and craft it yourself really is the theme of the moment in weddings. We love that brides are embracing homespun traditions and their childhood loves and are hosting weddings where they play a critical role in every part of the day – from crafting the table centrepieces and bridal bouquet to asking their favourite aunt to embroider the table runners with their monogram. Sydney brides are hosting their weddings at home in droves and these are the beautiful wedding bomboniere that we’re seeing they adore the most:
- Heart Jewels in Diamond Clear – Diamond shaped embellishments make crafting wedding bomboniere yourself a cinch. These popular embellishments also make lovely table scatters for your wedding reception tables, in the bathrooms and around the wedding cake.
- Customised Bomboniere Rock Candy – Do it yourself brides in Sydney are loving our customised rock candy as it means they have a base for their wedding bomboniere favours. They can then take their personalised lollies and wrap them in cello and tie with a personalised ribbon, encase the candy in an organza bag or pop into a homemade wedding favour box.
- Flip Top Personalised Mini Candy Jars – For home made jams, lollies and other treats, these personalised mini candy jars suit a Sydney wedding at home perfectly. And you get to choose the lable style, colour and the text you want written on them.
- Tin Favour Pails – Pink Frosting’s best selling wedding favour by far is the tin favour pail, and for good reason. They are so versatile for nearly every wedding theme. For Sydney DIY brides, they make a great base for your home made chocolates, for some potted wheatgrass, a tulle circle filled with sugar almonds or another home made treat. Our main image on this page shows how Martha Stewart’s talented wedding designers have used them.
- Many DIY brides are opting for cupcake favours for their guests, and the love that goes into making a cupcake makes this treat even more special. The laser cut cupcake wrappers, cupcake boxes and cupcake decorations at Pink Frosting make giving a cupcake favour even more lovely!
Other Popular Wedding Bomboniere Favours for Sydney Brides
There are so many themes, budgets and ideas for Sydney based weddings! We love the versatility of Australia’s largest city! Here are some of the other most popular wedding bomboniere for Sydney brides at Pink Frosting:
What would you do with $250 to spend on your next celebration? Would you wow your guests at your wedding with superb table scatters? Would you go over the top with your Christmas decorations this year? Would you treat the guests at your kids birthday party to some extra special favours?
No matter what you’re celebrating, Pink Frosting is here to help you create a magical event. Our mission is to deliver unique and beautiful party and wedding accessories all over Australia every day and provide you with ideas that help you create a celebration that makes the guest of honour and everyone in the room say, “wow”! Our customer service team loves helping our customers envision their table decorations and party favours, our wedding and party buyers love scouring the world for beautiful and new goodies that will give Australian celebrations a real wow factor, and our writers and stylists love to provide free ideas and advice through our planning pages that inspire beautiful celebrations every day.
Australia’s number one online wedding and party store is offering a lucky Australia Entertains reader the chance to win a $250 gift voucher from Pink Frosting to spend any way you choose until December 31st 2010. All we need you to do is tell us in 50 words or less what you’re celebrating and how you would use your gift voucher. Leave your ideas as a comment below. We’ll be looking for the most creative ways you’ve come up with to use Pink Frosting’s amazing products for your next event – and there are over 3000 products, so you sure have a big range to choose from! Entries close at midnight on 20th October 2010 and are open to delivery addresses in Australia only or if you are overseas and you win, the voucher does not cover your shipping charges which are charged at cost for international destinations.
Visit Pink Frosting’s online wedding and party shop now to get inspired for your Gift Voucher story!
We look forward to hearing just how creative you are!
Engagement party cakes can be tricky. You don’t want to go too OTT because you’ll need to out-do the engagement cake’s performance at the main celebration – your wedding cake. A loyal Pink Frosting customer, Lisa Weston recently created a beautiful engagement party cupcake tower for your engagement party and we just adore what she’s done. The cupcakes are chocolate, topped with a buttercream frosting and a silver cachous and heart, arranged on a transparent cupcake stand that you can hire from many cake shops. The cupcakes are wrapped in Pink Frosting’s stunning laser-cut cupcake wrappers in the Lavish design. Don’t they look amazing?
I love the main cake’s design with draped pink pearls and peonies. The cake has a lovely vintage feel and gives the guests something to really anticipate for Lisa’s wedding day!
The perfect symbol for your wedding day. Paper cranes mean honour and loyalty in Japan, and the Japanese believe that a person who folds 1000 paper cranes will be granted his or her greatest wish. What a beautiful symbol of your love for one another – the loyalty you hold dear, your greatest wish for love together – fold 1000 paper cranes together and use these gorgeous decorations throughout your wedding day as a symbol of your love for one another and your hope for the future.
I recently found this stunning paper crane themed wedding over at Hostess Blog and needed to share it with you. When this couple were dating, Jonathan would send Laura origami cranes with special messages inside them, just as the Japanese used to do. Here are some of my favourite images of the stunning wedding of Laura and Jonathan in Chicago for your inspiration.
Laura and Jonathan used the paper cranes (1300 to be exact!) as a backdrop for their wedding ceremony.
And, once the ceremony was over, the couple then creatively used the cranes as decorations for their wedding reception, both as a curtain and on the wedding centrepieces:
Floating around the wedding cake, the paper cranes reminded the guests of the love and hope the lucky couple has for one another:
If you’d like to make your own paper cranes, there are plenty of origami books to purchase online, or you could follow these easy instructions. Don’t forget to source beautiful papers to make your cranes from (we love that Laura used lots of colour and mis-matched designs in her cranes) and enlist the help of your bridesmaids, friends, family and anyone else who has paper folding skills!
We equally love this idea for a baby shower, Christening, bridal shower and engagement parties.