Out and about today, I suddenly had a hankering for an old fashioned ice cream choc top. The kids adore sprinkles, so it dawned on me that we could attempt making choc top ice cream cones with sprinkles… well, the results were outstanding! What a way to start the sugar-rush this Easter!
Makes 6 delicious ice cream cones.
300g good quality white chocolate
1/2 litre of good quality vanilla ice cream
6 flat bottom ice cream cones (unless you have a stand for traditional cones)
113g (4oz) sprinkles in any colour and shape you choose
- Melt the chocolate in a metal dish over a pot of boiling water on the stove. Gently mix until the chocolate has melted and then set aside to cool slightly but not set.
- While the chocolate is cooling slightly, place your sprinkles into a shallow bowl ready to coat your ice creams.
- Take out the ice cream from the freezer, making sure it is very cold, and scoop into the tops of the ice cream cones.
- One by one, coat the ice creams with the slighly cooled chocolate and immediately roll the chocolate in the sprinkles.
- Place cones onto a tray and freeze until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve with napkins and plenty of smiles!
I adore this recipe for kids birthday parties, Easter by the pool and even dinner parties. I’m thinking of trying this recipe with a dark chocolate coating and broken pieces of peanut brittle, which would make a delicious adult dinner party treat with a smooth Baileys.